Car Parking & Arrival
- Windmill Cottage Guesthouse has an off road graveled parking area for 7 cars at the rear of the property, approximately 20m./64ft from the car park to the front door.
- It is possible to drop off directly outside the front entrance
- Assistance with luggage is available.
- Access is through a wrought iron gate 100mm/39″ wide with one step up 50mm/2″ and a further step up 100mm/4″ through a single door 800mm/31″ into the hallway.
- Guests are welcomed into the hallway which is level throughout with floor tiling, where they are asked to register.
- Keys to the guest room and front door are provided upon registration.
- Guests are shown the guest lounge, dining room and their bedroom.
- Carpeted, comfortable chairs some with arms, settee, large flat screen TV.
- Breakfast is cooked in our kitchen to order and served in the adjacent ground floor dining room with individual tables.
- Please let us know when booking if you have any food allergies and we will ensure we can cater for your requirements.
Corridor, Bedrooms & En-Suite Shower Rooms
- There are 3 guest rooms on the first floor, accessible by stairs only. There are eight comfortable steps with a hand rail on the left, a left turn and a further four steps with hand rail, height of steps approx. 180mm/7”.
- In the corridor upstairs there is a small step up 75mm/3”, to reach two of the bedrooms, slanted ceiling.
- There are 2 rooms with kingsize beds or twin single beds (dependent on guest preference)and 1 room that has twin single beds
- There is 1 guest room on the ground floor that has twin single beds, a small step up into the shower room.
- Fitted carpets in all bedrooms and ceramic tiles to all en-suite shower rooms
- All toilets, showers and basins are of a standard domestic design.
- All rooms are lit with a combination of ceiling lights and bedside wall lights.
- Wardrobe and drawer space is available.
- TV’s are in all rooms.
- Hospitality trays, hairdryers, alarm clocks are in all rooms.
- Bedding is micro fibre duvets, outer casing is impenetrable to dust mites.
- Sheets, blankets and bedspreads available on request.
- 30 minute fire doors in all bedrooms.
- Turn key locks on all bedroom doors.
- Smoke alarms in all bedrooms give a loud beeping noise if activated.
- In the event of an emergency, instructions are on the back of the door.
- Fire extinguishers are available on each floor.
- Please see the Photos on our website for a clearer view of each room.
The Oak Suite Bedroom (Ground Floor)
- Door opening into bedroom is 780mm/31″, twin bedded room, 1 small step up 90mm/3″ through door into shower room, opening is 700mm/27”. Shower door opening is 620mm/24″. There are no grab rails.
The Terrace Bedroom
- Door opening into bedroom is 730mm/29″, superking/twin, all on one level, door opening into shower room is 670mm/26″. Shower door opening is 620mm/24″. There are no grab rails.
The Weston Bedroom
- Door opening into bedroom is 730mm/29″, superking/twin, slanted ceiling by window, 1 small step down 100mm/4″ through door into shower room opening is 730mm/29″. Shower door opening is 620mm/24″. There are no grab rails.
The Hawkstone Bedroom
- Small step down 50mm/2″ through door into bedroom opening is 780mm/31″, twin room, all on one level, sliding door into shower room opening is 550mm/22″. Shower door opening is 620mm/24″, slanted ceiling. There are no grab rails.
- Smoking is NOT permitted inside the Guesthouse.
- Free wireless broadband is available throughout most of the Guesthouse.