History

Windmill Cottage Guesthouse is a beautifully restored 17th Century black & white cottage.

In the early 1900’s until the 1940’s it was the village post office and shop. The name ‘Windmill Cottage’ originated from the disused old windmill a short distance away, it is believed to be the only linseed oil mill left in England.

A very welcoming guesthouse with a lovely homely feel to it.
Present Day

Windmill Cottage Guesthouse – Present Day

1900

Windmill Cottage as the Village Post Office and Shop – 1900

1910

Windmill Cottage as the Village Post Office and Shop – 1910

The Old Windmill

The Old Windmill – 1910